Choosing good web and domain hosting services is important for the smooth and optimal functioning of your website. A good service provider not only ensures excellent speed and performance but also offers continued support at cost-effective rates. The Indian web hosting market is flooded with hosting companies offering a variety of plans. Choosing the right and best web hosting plans in India requires a careful analysis and consideration of yourrequirements and several other considerations. Read on to know more about how to choose the best hosting provider in India.
Considerations in Choosing a Hosting Company
The first step in your quest for a good hosting services company is to identify your requirements.
This involves having answers to the following queries:
- What is the purpose of your website- is it a blog or an e-commerce website?
- Are you using WordPress or any other CMS for building your website?
- What is the size of your website and how many databases will you need?
- What kind of traffic you are expecting on your website?
- Which software and hardware do you need to run your website?
- What level of support do you need to manage the website?
- How many domains will you need?
- How many funds can you allocate for website hosting?
The answers to these questions will help you decide which type of hosting plan you require. Hosting companies in India offer WordPress hosting, shared hosting, VPS hosting, E-commerce hosting, and dedicated hosting plans. Clarity about your hosting requirements in terms of resources and security besides your budget will help you choose from these options.
Criteria for Choosing the Hosting Company
Once you have decided on the type of hosting services you need, the next step is to compare different web hosting plans in India and their features. Some important criteria for this are:
- Speed– The speed of the loading of your webpages is particularly important to retain visitors and hold their attention. Choose a company that offers a good speed and fast loading times of the webpages on your website.
- Uptime– An uptime of over 99% is preferred to ensure the smooth running of your website and business. Any hosting service company offering lower than this is not recommended.
- Features– This includes the type and extent of resources like storage and bandwidth, the no of domains being offered, the inclusion of the SSL certificate, regular checks for malware, automatic backups to allow quick retrieval of data are some of the features that will help you choose the best hosting company.
- Domains– Do compare the number of domains and subdomains being allowedby the hosting service company. This is important because as your website grows so does the number of domains and subdomains.
- Support– The level of customer support offered by a hosting company whether in the formof live chats or on-phone consultations is important for the smooth operations of a website. Check the user reviews and then make a decision.
Pricing– Pricing of the domain hosting website packages should be compared. Do not fall prey to low initial prices but also check the cost of renewal packages. Also, compare the prices with the level of services being offered to choose the best hosting plan for your website.